Oh c'mon ... you know you want to leave me a comment...

Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Demise of the New Year's Resolution

Please feel free to enjoy this scenario from my morning:

5:30 am - the baby is crying and I am trying to ignore the whole thing in hopes that my loving husband will be fooled into thinking that I am still asleep and will take care of him.  

5:40 - It works!  It must have been the light snore and the drool... Hubby is up and changing a diaper and giving kiddo a bottle which will put him back to sleep - I can now blissfully sink back into my covers and - sleep.

5:45 - Just falling asleep... wait hubby is now poking and prodding me awake - does he want some hanky panky?  Hmmm, I could be persuaded.... 
No - it is not hanky panky - he is encouraging me to go work out - damn new years resolutions...
Should I offer hanky panky and therefore be able to stay in bed?  
"You should really work out," he says, "you'll feel better."
Crap!

5:55 am - I stumble into the bonus room with good intentions - look at the treadmill and then the guest bed...  I turn on the treadmill - 5.5 and a level 4 incline - turn on the TV - and then...

You got it, I climbed right into that guest bed and slept 'til 7!


*and how was YOUR morning?*

2 comments:

Dave said...

Very cool! I am glad that you are still as funny as ever!

MrsJones said...

Thanks Dave