Oh c'mon ... you know you want to leave me a comment...

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Icarus Shawl


I have been looking for a holiday wrap or shawl pattern to make for Christmas and New Year's. Every year I wish I had made a wrap - so this year I decided to really do it. Last month when I was in Portland with The Man I found a fantastic knit shop and spent about 3 hours there just pouring over patterns and yarn. (Did I mention that the kids were farmed out at home?) I found a beautiful kid mohair and silk yarn that I just couldn't put down. It cost a fortune but it was calling my name and I just couldn't resist. So here we go - I am knitting away on tiny size 3 circs!
Yeah yeah... I know it doesn't look like much now - but just wait. I am planning on beading the ends and wearing it for New Years - hopefully 2010 NOT 2011!

Check out the pattern here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck my friend - I can't wait to see the finished prodcut!

Deb