Oh c'mon ... you know you want to leave me a comment...

Monday, December 21, 2009

Icarus Shawl Part 2

Well after frogging twice I think that I have finally got it going. This is my first lace project and whew - I am glad I didn't pick a harder project. I am about 30 % done. Won't have it done by Christmas but the man has a holiday party in January. Hope hope hope...

I am only doing 3 repeats of the pattern and then will start the leaf ends and beading.

I have never blocked lace before so that should be a real learning project. Can't wait to see what the finished product will look like.

This has been a great beginner project to learn to lace work.
I have been drooling over some alpaca/silk blend lace weight yarn and already have plans for another wrap.

No comments: