Oh c'mon ... you know you want to leave me a comment...

Monday, March 16, 2009

A few things that make an overwhelmed mom happy

There are a few things that make me happy as a mom. Here is a short list:

1. Chocolate - I think that chocolate is a necessity of motherhood. There is nothing better than taking a "time out" with a cup of hot cocoa - preferably mexican chocolate.

2. Dinner Group - I belong to a dinner group so rather than having to cook dinner for my family 7 nights a week - I cook only once a week and get my dinners delivered to me the days I don't cook - It is great!

3. Wireless Internet - now most of you probably take this for granted but we have lived quite literally in the "sticks" for most of our marriage and cable broadband or DSL is never available. We finally bit the bullet and got satellite internet - still not the greatest but way better than dial-up!

4. My new dinning room table! - We finally got a dinning room table that fits the whole family and even a guest or two.

5. Great kids who know how to work - We have worked hard at teaching our kids how to work and help out the family. These past weeks as we have struggled with colds and the flu I have been amazed at how the kids have just jumped in and been able to help us out - cook, clean the works - that really makes an overwhelmed mom happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been sick and hope you are all on the mend soon. We love Ibarra chocolate and can get it at our regular ole grocery store. Imagine that in Iowa of all places!

Elizabeth said...

Donna... you gotta explain that dinner group idea. That sounds genious. How does it work??